See how you do with this.
This can be more difficult than it looks – it just shows how little most of us really see. These are 25 questions about things that we see every day or have known about all our lives. How many can you get right? Can you beat 20? (The average is 7.) Write down your answers and then check your results here.
1. On a standard traffic light, is the green on the top or bottom?
2. How many states are there in the USA? (Don’t laugh, some people don’t know)
3. In which hand is the Statue of Liberty’s torch?
4. What six colors are on the classic Campbell’s soup label?
5. What two numbers on the telephone dial don’t have letters by them?
6. When you walk does your left arm swing with your right or left leg?
7. How many matches are in a standard pack?
8. On the United States flag is the top stripe red or white?
9. What is the lowest number on the FM dial?
10. Which way does water go down the drain, counter or clockwise?
11. Which way does a “no smoking” sign’s slash run?
12. How many channels on a VHF TV dial?
13. On which side of a women’s blouse are the buttons?
14. Which way do fans rotate?
15. How many sides does a stop sign have?
16. Do books have even-numbered pages on the right or left side?
17. How many lug nuts are on a standard car wheel?
18. How many sides are there on a standard pencil?
19. Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Doc. Who’s missing?
20. How many hot dog buns are in a standard package?
21. On which playing card is the card maker’s trademark?
22. On which side of a Venetian blind is the cord that adjusts the opening between the slats?
23. There are 12 buttons on a touch tone phone. What 2 symbols bear no digits?
24. How many curves are there in the standard paper clip?
25. Does a merry-go-round turn counter or clockwise?
I got 20 right.