ABC’s Charlie Gibson has been granted the first interview with Gov. Sarah Palin. It will, by all preliminary appearances, be one of those soft-focus walk-in-the-woods sessions that networks usually grant to people like Richard Branson or Martha Stewart…before she spent time in the joint. Talk about a culture of celebrity.
Anyway, I’m pretty sure Charlie Gibson won’t ask her any tough questions such as:
– Name the president of Pakistan.
– What is the difference between Shi’a and Sunni Muslims?
– Find Darfur on a map.
– What is the difference between Title I, Title II, and Title IV, and how do they apply to local educational funding?
– Who is the prime minister of Canada and what party does he represent?
– What is the current prime rate?
– Name the nine members of the United States Supreme Court and the presidents who appointed them.
– Is Puerto Rico a state, a territory, or a commonwealth?
I think, however, we’re going to get a really good lesson on how to wrap a moose for mailing.