– Prepare, don’t panic, as Hurricane Ike approaches.
– Newsweek reports that allies of the McCain campaign is trying to shut down the Trooper-gate investigation in Alaska.
– Jon Stewart: We should not even be talking about Sarah Palin because it’s sexist.
– Rangeled Up: Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) is in financial trouble. No, he’s not broke. Quite the contrary.
– Who’s Next? If Miami-Dade Superintendent of Schools Rudy Crew leaves, who will take the job?
– Tigers Update: There’s a reason I haven’t been keeping track of them since the end of August; their season is pretty much over, and it’s painful to watch.
– Speech Review: A reader at TPM asks a good question after John McCain’s speech:
“What are the odds Governor Palin drops McCain from the ticket? After a performance like this, it’s a serious question.”