– Bush Pardons. President Bush pardoned fourteen people yesterday. No big names are on the list, and most of them are for non-violent crimes, like the illegal importation of wildlife. Any bets on how many more will come and with big names attached? Hint: if family history means anything, wait and see what he does around Christmas.
– Replacing Joe Biden. The governor of Delaware has chosen Sen. Biden’s replacement once he’s sworn in as vice president.
– Minnesota Recount. It’s still going on. Coleman is still in the lead.
– Goode Bye. Meanwhile in Virgina, Democrat Tom Perriello has been declared the winner in his race against Rep. Virgil Goode, who distinguished himself in his House career by being particularly loathsome regarding gays and immigrants. Mr. Goode has refused to concede the race and will probably demand a recount.
– What About the Public Schools? The superintendent of Miami-Dade County Public Schools would like a piece of bailout pie.