– Minnesota Recount Cont’d: Franken narrows the gap.
– Attorney General Collapses: AG Michael Mukasey fell ill while giving a speech in D.C. Late word is that he is conscious and alert.
– Five Gitmo Prisoners Ordered Released: A judge — appointed by the Bush administration — says there is no evidence to justify detaining them.
– It’s Clinton: Aides to President-elect Obama say Hillary Clinton will be appointed Secretary of State. The announcement will come after Thanksgiving.
– Where’s the Fairness? The righties are all worked up about the reinstatement of the Fairness Doctrine… except that no one, including the incoming Obama administration, is proposing that it be brought back.
– Cold Front: It was 49 F here in Palmetto Bay, Florida when I got up this morning. The weekend is supposed to be clear, cool, and breezy. That beats the 8 to 10 inches of snow predicted for Syracuse, New York.