– Gone Fishin’ President Bush refuses to interrupt his vacation while Israel and the Palestinians attack each other.
– More Ash: The estimate of the amount of coal ash dumped in central Tennessee is now at more than a billion gallons.
– McConnell Hits the Brakes: Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) is threatening to derail the stimulus plan being put together by the Democrats for the incoming administration.
– Coupon Coveting: The switch to digital TV makes the converter coupons issued by the government a hot commodity. (Good thing I have cable.)
– No Surprise: Lions fire Rod Marinelli after record-setting — 0-16 — season.
– Welcome, Tripp: Bristol Palin gives birth to a boy — Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston. Mom and baby are doing fine, and best wishes to them. (Footnote: this will be the last post about this child and his family until they actually make some news that is newsworthy.)