– Prop 8 Sides Chosen: California AG Jerry Brown will urge the state Supreme Court to overturn it; Kenneth Starr will defend it. This is a reversal for Mr. Brown, who supported it back in November; not so much for Mr. Starr, who seems to be obsessed with other peoples’ sex lives.
– A Force Unto Himself: Vice President Dick Cheney claims he has the sole power to determine what record of his will be turned over to the National Archives.
– $17 Billion: GM and Chrysler get their holiday wish. Ford doesn’t need it…yet.
– Minnesota Recount: Al Franken takes the lead.
– He Really Doesn’t Like Gays: Pastor Rick Warren may say he’s not homophobic, but you can’t join his church if you’re an “unrepentant homosexual.”
A windy and bitterly cold storm system will drop a swath of 4 to 8 inches of snow over parts of North Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
The northerly winds will be a big deal across the northern Plains today, gusting over 40 mph and creating blizzard conditions.
Also the winds will cause dangerous low wind chills as day time highs range from -10 to 10 across the Dakotas and wind chills range from -10 to -40.
By late today a winter storm will blast parts of Washington and Oregon with snow and wind.
And it’s heading for the Northeast.
– Saturday Morning Cartoon: A Charlie Brown Christmas.