– Minnesota Recount: Al Franken is the likely winner now.
– Caroline Kennedy Watch: she sees now that not all of New York lives in the five boroughs.
– In the Navy: William White, an openly gay man, is being considered as the next Secretary of the Navy by the Obama transition team. That might take a bit of the sting out of the Rick Warren issue.
– Final Jeopardy: Minstrel Hussain Boy made it through his second round of Jeopardy! and got the right answer in the final round, only to lose to Milt by $201. It was still a heck of a run, and that’s going to provide for a lot of truffles and goodness.
– W. Mark Felt, the “Deep Throat” from Watergate, dies at 95.
– Majel Barrett Roddenberry, widow of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry, and Nurse Chapel (TOS*), Lwaxana Troi (TNG*), and the voice of the computer (TNG, DS9*, VOY*), dies at 76.
(*TOS: The Original Series; TNG: The Next Generation; DS9: Deep Space 9; VOY: Voyager.)