– Caroline Kennedy makes the rounds and sounds like a candidate for the Senate from New York.
– Transportation Secretary: Barack Obama chooses Rep. Ray LaHood (R-IL) to be the second Republican in his cabinet.
– Career Move: Before he got into politics, Gov. Rod Blagojevich was a bookie.
– Shutdown: Chrysler will idle its plants for thirty days to save money and use up inventory.
– Test: “The Russian government is likely to “test the mettle” of Barack Obama and his administration by taking a tougher stance against U.S. missile defenses, a senior State Department official said Wednesday. John Rood, the department’s top arms control official, told reporters he believes the Russians are waiting to size up the Obama administration before Moscow advances its position on disputed arms issues.” My guess is that Obama will test them right back.
– Having His Cake: A three-year-old kid named after Der Fuhrer gets his birthday cake after all.
— Jeopardy! spoiler alert —
– Big Bucks! Minstrel Hussain Boy came from behind and beat the defending champ on Jeopardy!