– Caroline Kennedy Follow-up: Ms. Kennedy is getting the word out that she wants Hillary Clinton’s senate seat.
– No Contact: The Obama transition team released a statement saying that the president-elect “had no contact with the governor or his staff, and that the President-elect’s staff was not involved in inappropriate discussions with the governor or his staff over the selection of his successor as U.S. senator.” The pundits and the wire services are saying that just because he had “no contact” doesn’t mean he’s in the clear. Wha…?
– It’s Official: Barack Obama is elected the 44th president by the only votes that really count.
– Avian Gay Parenthood: Two male penguins, expelled from their rook in a Chinese zoo for stealing eggs, are given their own to raise and are doing a fine job of it.
– Sounds of the Season: If you hate canned Christmas music, blame these guys.
You can tell we’re getting close to Christmas: the Weather Channel is using jazzy/bluesy Christmas carols as background for “Local on the 8’s.” Just what I wanted to hear; Angels We Have Heard On High played on the farthorn, slushpump, and buzzy synthesizer.