– Down: Stock markets in Asia and Europe are not happy about the tanking of the auto bailout bill by the Senate.
– Minnesota Recount: It’s getting longer than their fabled winters up there.
– What They Knew and When They Knew It: Barack Obama pledges to let us know if any of his staff had any contact with Gov. Blagojevich about the senate seat deal. That will not be enough for the Orcosphere; they claim Obama and Blago are really close friends because they both have the same color license plates on their car.
– Ejole! It’s bad enough that the Bush administration puts the screws to the average Cuban getting money from folks here in Miami, but two guys in Hialeah were stealing from them.
– Film Clips: Some new movies open this weekend: Doubt, based on the play by John Patrick Shanely, and a remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still with Keanu Reeves as Michael Rennie. Has a remake ever been better than the original?
– Shorts Take: Memo to the several dozen cyclists riding up Ingraham Highway in the Grove this morning around 6:45 AM: Spandex does not lie. It was like following a line of multi-colored Day-Glo conchs emerging from their shells.