– The Gaza conflict continues: They fire rockets, they shoot back. Lather, rinse, repeat. Except people keep dying. At what point will they figure out that it’s pathetically useless?
– The killing doesn’t stop: GI’s returning from war and violent crime at home.
– IOU: California may issue promissory notes instead of tax refunds.
– Former Senator Claiborne Pell, who put a lot of people through college, dies at 90.
– Paranoid Much? AirTran boots 9 people off a flight because they “fit the profile.” They were Muslim.
– The Culture of Victimhood: Alberto Gonzales feels sorry for himself.
– But the memory lingers on: Pentagon political officer Jim O’Beirne — husband of right-wing hack pundit Kate — is still calling the Obama administration “the opposition.”
– Subdued anniversary: What if Raul Castro marked the 50th anniversary of the Cuban revolution and nobody paid attention?
– Brr. The polar plunge tradition continued in Toledo.