• UNICEF is seeking donations to the ongoing emergency relief efforts in Haiti and the Caribbean region through www.unicefusa.org/haitiquake or call 1-800-4UNICEF.
• Operation Helping Hands, a joint community project of The Miami Herald and United Way-Miami, will be collecting donations to support the relief effort in Haiti.
To make a contribution, go to www.iwant2help.org
Checking on relatives in Haiti:
• Mercy Corps established a Haiti Earthquake Fund, PO Box 2669,Portland, OR 97208, www.mercycorps.org, 1-888-256-1900
• The Archdiocese of Miami is accepting financial donations to assist with recovery efforts for the earthquake victims in Haiti. People may send their donations to Catholic Charities, 1505 NE 26th St. Wilton Manors, FL 33305, Attention Earthquake Victims.
• The Pan American Development Foundation (PADF) — the natural disaster relief arm of the OAS — was asking people who want to donate to visit its special relief website called www.PanAmericanRelief.org.
Also, U.S. citizens wondering about family in Haiti can ring the U.S. State Department’s American Citizen Services line at 1-888-407-4747.