Thanks to Bob and the Old Professor for a swell party last night: lots of friends from all sorts of places; theatre, the car club, school. And the food was great and plentiful.
Some news items that caught my attention this morning:
– The passengers aboard the sight-seeing ship to Antarctica that got stuck in the ice on Christmas Eve have been taken off via helicopter. There wasn’t a risk of it turning into the Donner Party; the ship had plenty of provisions, but I’ll bet they got tired of watching the live version of Happy Feet over and over.
– Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor has temporarily blocked the implementation of the Obamacare contraception mandate for religious-based organizations. No, this does not apply to Hobby Lobby.
– The Northeast and New England is bracing for another heavy snowstorm and very cold temperatures.
– A federal court has permanently blocked the implementation of one of Gov. Rick Scott’s campaign promises: mandatory drug testing of welfare recipients.
– People lined up around the block all over Colorado to buy marijuana legally sold for recreational use for the first time.
– The fecal matter is impacting the ventilating device for the people involved in the George Washington Bridge lane closure incident, and starting to land on the shoes of Gov. Christie.
– The Morning Joe crew is still a bunch of Villager chin-strokers even without their eponymous host.
What are you doing today?