The presidential campaign slogged on over the holidays and I really didn’t pay much attention to it because not a lot of things changed. To be sure, there were the usual eyebrow-raisers and WTF’s, but it’s pretty much where we left it back on December 18 when I left off for the holidays.
- Donald Trump is still a miserable excuse for a human being.
- Ben Carson’s campaign is floundering due to in-fighting.
- Chris Christie is still a blowhard.
- Ted Cruz is still strapping on God’s armor.
- Marco Rubio keeps trying to sound like a moderate, but he’s really hard-core right wing and deeply cynical. Check out this piece by Steve M if you think he’s neither.
- Bernie Sanders won’t be the Democratic nominee, but I still have to admire him and his supporters for their cheerful optimism and sense of humor.
- Hillary Clinton’s claim that radical Islamists were using the words of Donald Trump to recruit fighters turns out to be prophetic, and now the wingnuts are saying she’s behind it all. Of course.
It’s enough to make you want to go back to bed. Or St. Kitts.