It could be interesting to see what fired FBI Director James Comey has to say in his testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday.
Apparently the major networks seem to think so, too. Not only does CNN have a countdown clock, the networks are bumping game shows, chat shows, and soaps for the live hearing. According to my friend Greg, it’s only been five other times that they’ve done it:
- The McCarthy hearings in 1954
- Watergate hearings in 1973
- Iran-contra hearings in 1987
- Anita Hill-Clarence Thomas hearings in 1991
- Clinton impeachment hearings in 1998
Stock up on the good popcorn.