Today is National Collector Car Appreciation Day, according to SEMA, the lobbying group that speaks out for the antique car hobby. The idea is to:
CELEBRATE OUR HOBBY YOUR WAY!
- ATTEND an official vehicle-inspired event or web-based celebration.
- HOST your own safety-minded gathering, club meeting or online gallery.
- Promote a “HOLIDAY SALE” at your business in-store or online.
- INVITE partnerships with nearby enthusiast-related groups if possible.
- DRIVE your special ride—new or old—whatever the destination.
I don’t know of any of those events in my area, but I might drive the Pontiac to school today, depending on the weather forecast.
In other news, the state of Texas seems intent on throwing a lot of money at lawyers to follow TFG into the rabbit hole of whining about the meanies who run Facebook and Twitter. You would think they’d have more pressing matters to attend to in a special session called in the middle of summer, they’re tossing in restricting voting rights for the poor and minorities. What they’re actually doing is lining the pockets of lawyers who will sue the daylights out of them.
But all is not lost. For the first time, you can now have a picnic on the lawn of Buckingham Palace. Thank you, Your Majesty.